UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam (CSAT) Pattern and Syllabus
Civil Services Prelims Exam – the first step to become an IAS Officer/Civil Servant – unarguably the most difficult stage to clear in the whole examination process. About 9 lakhs candidates apply for this prestigious exam in India and only about 12000-13000 candidates will successfully go through this stage i.e., only 2% success rate.
Without knowing and understanding the syllabus, it is not possible to clear the exam.
The detailed syllabus for the Preliminary Exam for Paper-I:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change
- General Science
The syllabus for the Paper-II:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
Moreover, You can download the PDF of UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam Syllabus from below: