How to Prepare for TSPSC Forest Range Officers (FRO) Exam, 2017 – Study Plan, Preparation Strategy, Which Optional to Chose, Material, Tips, Techniques, Syllabus, Previous Papers, Model Papers and Books to Read
Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) has released the notification for the recruitment of 67 Forest Range Officers (FRO) in Forest Department, Government of Telangana. In this post, we will see the study plan and preparation strategy for the Forest Range Officers Exam.
Forest Range Officers Exam has four papers, namely:
- General English (Paper -1)
- General Mathematics (Paper -2)
- General Studies (Paper -3)
- Optional Paper (Paper -4)
Note: Paper -1 & 2 are only qualifying papers. Marks obtained in these papers are not counted for the final selection.
For detailed FRO Exam Syllabus in Telugu, please click here: FRO Syllabus in Telugu
For detailed FRO Exam Syllabus in English, please click here: FRO Syllabus in English
Study Plan for Paper -1:
This paper is qualifying in nature. Minimum qualifying marks in this paper for OCs – 40, BCs – 35 and for SCs & STs – 30 Marks
The Syllabus for this Paper is 10th Class level English. For preparing for this General English Paper, candidates must read Telangana SCERT English Textbooks from 6th to 10th Class. These textbooks will suffice for this Paper.
Study Plan for Paper -2:
This paper is also qualifying in nature. Minimum qualifying marks in this paper for OCs – 40, BCs – 35 and for SCs & STs – 30 Marks
The Syllabus for this Paper is 10th Class level Mathematics. For preparing for this Maths Paper, candidates must read Telangana SCERT Mathematics Textbooks from 6th to 10th Class.
The Syllabus for this paper is broadly divided into Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration and Statistics. Practicing 6th to 10th Class Mathematics textbooks is enough for this Paper.
We have also compiled few Model papers on General Mathematics subject for Forest Officers Exam. You can download these model papers from here: Maths Model Papers
Study Plan for Paper -3:
The Syllabus for General Studies Paper can be broadly divided into following topics.
1. Current Affairs – Regional, National & International: For preparing current affairs for the exam, candidates must read read at least one news paper daily. Questions on current affairs can be asked from last 6-8 months also. Hence, candidates must cover these current affairs. There are various monthly current affairs magazines are available in the market. Candidates can read any one of them.
Candidates must also read the official magazines of Telangana from past 6-8 months. These magazines cover all important information about Telangana Government. You can also download these magazines from here: Telangana Magazines
While preparing for International current affairs, focus must be on important international meetings happened in the recent past, places and dates of such meeting etc.
2. General Science: For General Science, Telangana SCERT School textbooks from 6th 10th Class are essential. These textbooks cover almost all important topics and basic information which is more or less required for the exam. You can download these textbooks from here: తెలంగాణా తెలుగు మీడియం పుస్తకాలు || Telangana English Medium Textbooks
In this topic, emphasis must be given to India’s achievements in Science & Technology in various various fields like Space, Missiles, Satellites and other inventions in India.
3. Environmental Issues & Disaster Management: For Environmental Studies, again Telangana SCERT school textbooks are essential. For Disaster Management, candidates can read the CBSE textbook on Disaster Management. These books are enough for this subjects. If time permits, you can read other books. You can download the CBSE Disaster Management Textbook from here: CBSE Disaster Management Textbook PDF
4. Indian Economy: For Indian Economy concepts and basics, NCERT 11th Class Indian Economic Development textbook is essential. This textbook covers all aspects of basics of Indian Economy. You can download this NCERT textbook from here: NCERT Indian Economy Textbook PDF
Apart from this textbook, candidates must prepare on the important points of Economic Survey of India for 2016-17 year for latest and updated statistics on Indian Economy.
5. Telangana Economy: For this subject, Telangana Socio-Economic Outlook 2017 is essential. This document covers all the important statistics and facts about Telangana Economy. It also covers various programs and schemes undertaken by the government of Telangana. You can download this Telangana Socio-Economic Survey from here: Telangana Socio-Economic Outlook, 2017
Candidates must also read the Telangana Budget Document for 2017-18. We have uploaded a PDF on important points of Telangana Budget for 2017-18. You can download this document from here: Telangana Budget 2017-18 Summary
You can also download other material for Telangana Economy from here: Telangana Economy Study Material
6. Indian Geography: For Indian Geography, NCERT or Tamil Nadu TNSCERT Indian Geography textbooks will suffice. While preparing for this subject, more emphasis must be given on Soil types, Forest types, Mountains, Rivers and various land-forms in India. You can download these textbooks from here: NCERT Geography Textbooks || TNSCERT 10th Class Indian Geography Textbook PDF
Candidates must also prepare on important points of Census 2011 like Population Growth Rate, Sex Ratio, Child Sex Ratio, Literacy Rate, etc in India.
7. Telangana Geography: For Telangana Geography, Telangana SCERT Social Studies Textbooks from 6th to 10th Class are essential. In Telangana Geography also, more emphasis should be put on the different forest types, soil types, mountains, national parks, sanctuaries, important tourist places and other land-forms. We have prepared complete material on Telangana geography in Telugu. You can also download this material from here: Telangana Geography Material PDF
8. Indian Polity & Constitution: For this subject, again Telangana SCERT Social Studies Textbooks from 6th to 10th Class are essential. In this subject, more emphasis should be given on important articles of the constitution, schedules, constitutional bodies, recent constitutional amendments, important constitutional cases.
You can also read NCERT Polity Textbooks for this topic. They cover all important aspects of Indian Polity & Constitution required for this exam. You can download these NCERT Polity textbooks from here: NCERT Polity Textbooks
We have also prepared study material on Indian Polity & Constitution in Telugu. You can download this material from here: Indian Polity & Constitution Material
Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc. and inclusive policies topic is also covered in Indian Polity & Consitution subject itself. For this topic, important constitutional provisions and government acts for the SCs, STs, OBCs, Minorities, Women, Disabled people must be prepared by the candidates.
9. Telangana History & Movement: For Telangana History & Movement, Telugu Akademi’s Intermediate Telangana History textbook will suffice. This book also covers in brief about the Telangana movement for separate statehood. In Telangana movement, importance must be given to the important people, organisations, newspapers, songs, books etc. We have also compiled study material on Telangana Movement and History in Telugu. You can download this material from here: Telangana History || Telangana Movement
10. Telangana Society, Arts, Culture, Literature & Heritage: For this topic, candidates must read the Telugu subject textbooks of Telangana SCERT from 4th to 10th Class. These textbooks covers important information about Telangana Art, Culture, Literature, Heritage and Society. Questions in this subject will be very general in nature.
11. Policies of Telangana State: In this topic, candidates must be full aware of all the schemes, programs, policies of the Telangana State Government. We have compiled study material about all Telangana Government’s Programs, Schemes and Policies in Telugu & English. You can download these material from here: తెలంగాణా ప్రభుత్వ పథకాలు PDF || Telangana Programs & Schemes in English PDF
12. Previous Question Papers: Practicing previous years exam question papers is an essential step in preparing for any competitive exam. This will give an idea about the exam pattern and type of questions being asked in a subject. Moreover, some questions tend to be repeated from the previous years papers in the future exams. We have compiled all the General Studies Previous Question Papers of all exams conducted by the TSPSC till now. You can download these previous question papers from here: TSPSC Exams Previous Papers
Study Plan for Paper -4 (Optional):
For the Paper -4, candidates can chose any of the 21 mentioned optional subjects. However, most candidates are expected to chose Environmental Science, Forestry or Agriculture Subjects.
We are providing study plan for the Environmental Science Subject.
Environmental Science is comparatively an easy subject with limited syllabus. Moreover, there is sufficient material available in the market for this subjects.
The Syllabus for this subject as per the UGC Undergraduates Course. For Environmental Science, reading UGC Environment textbook by Erach Bharucha is essential. The syllabus for the exam and the syllabus in this textbook is exactly same. You can download this UGC Environment textbook from here: UGC Environment Textbook by Erach Bharucha
Moreover, you must also read the NIOS Environment Study Material for senior secondary course. This study material also covers almost all topic of the syllabus and is very easy to read. Moreover, there are important points and terms given at the end of each lesson. You can download this NIOS Environment study Material from here: NIOS Environment Study Material
You can also download the Study Material PDFs for Mathematics Optional Subject from here: Mathematics Optional Study Material
You can also download the Study Material PDFs for Computer Applications Optional Subject from here: Computer Applications Optional Study Material
You also download the previous year question papers of Forest Range Officers exam conducted in 2012 to get an idea about the exam patterns and the type of questions being asked in the exam. You can download these previous papers with answer keys from here: FRO Exam Previous Papers