TSPSC Forest Range Officers (FRO) Exam Scheme, Syllabus & Selection Process – Telangana Forest Department Recruitment, 2017 – All Optional Papers Syllabus – PDF Free Download
Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) has released the recruitment notification for filling up of 67 Forest Range Officers (FRO) in the Forest Department, Government of Telangana.
In this post, we are providing the Forest Range Officers (FRO) Exam Scheme, Selection Process, Optional Subjects and Detailed Syllabus.
TSPSC Forest Range Officers (FRO) Selection Process:
Selection Process for Telangana Forest Range Officers (FRO) consists of three stages. They are:
- Examination (Objective Type) by Online / OMR based.
- Walking Test (25 Kms in 4 hours for Men & 16 Kms for Women)
- Medical Test
Candidates qualified in the Written Exam will be called for the Physical endurance test, i.e., walking test. Walking test is only of qualifying nature. Candidates qualified in the walking test will be asked to go through the medical test. Candidates who are found fit during the medical test will be called for the interview.
Scheme of Forest Range Officers (FRO) Written Examination:
There will be total four (4) papers in the written examination. The questions in these papers will be in objective type only.
|S No||Paper Name||Questions||Duration||Marks|
|Paper -1*||General English||100||100 Minutes||100|
|Paper -2*||Mathematics||100||100 Minutes||100|
|Paper -1 & 2 are of qualifying nature only. Marks will not be counted.|
|Paper -3||General Studies||150||150 Minutes||150|
|Paper -4||Optional||150||150 Minutes||300|
Detailed Syllabus for TSPSC Forest Range Officers (FRO) Written Exam, 2017:
Syllabus for Paper -1: General English (10th Std.)
- Vocabulary: synonyms, antonyms, phrasal verbs, commonly missed words, homonyms, homophones.
- Parts Of Speech: Noun, Pronoun, verb, adverb, adjectives, articles, conjunctions, prepositions.
- Direct Speech, Indirect Speech.
- Simple, Compound and Complex Sentences.
- Linkers and Clauses.
- Idioms and One Word Substitutions.
- Degrees of Comparision.
- Question Pattern and Question Tags.
Syllabus for Paper -2: MATHEMATICS (10th Std.,)
Number System – Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers, Fundamental operations, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions.
Unitary Method – time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
Elementary Number Theory – Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2,3,4,5,9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M. Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns – analytical and Graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, laws of indices.
Sine x, Cosine x, Tangent x when O° = x = 90° values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x= O°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°. Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and
volume of spheres.
Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
Syllabus for Paper -3: General Studies Paper
- Current affairs – Regional, National and International.
- International Relations and Events.
- General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology.
- Environmental issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies.
- Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India.
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography and Demography of Telangana.
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Modern India with special emphasis
on Indian National Movement.
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis
on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
- Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
- Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc. and
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
- Policies of Telangana State.
Syllabus for Paper -4: Optional Paper
Please Click on below Optional Subjects to download the Detailed Syllabus PDFs for Optional Papers:
4. Computer Applications
5. Computer Science
6. Agriculture Engineering
7. Chemical Engineering
8. Civil Engineering
9. Computer Engineering
10. Electrical Engineering
11. Electronics Engineering
12. Mechanical Engineering
13. Environmental Science
20. Veterinary Science